Saturday, May 25, 2013

Random Update

So, several days have passed since I last posted, as have many fun rides.  In particular, we have been riding downtown a lot.  We take the trail to 9th Street and then get on Broad.  We enjoy that after 6:30 or so, there is very little traffic in the downtown area, so we're able to sight-see.  On Mother's Day afternoon, my sister and I rode to Broad Street, then got off and pushed our bikes so we could look for "Texarkana Little Doors."  Local artists have painted and hung about 50 miniature doors throughout the downtown area.  Though they're not really hidden out of site, it is a challenge to find them. 

I've joined the National Bike Challenge, an online movement that counts the miles entrants have ridden and is calculating them for May thru October (I think).  This week alone I've ridden over 60 miles.  While that's not impressive to some, it's epic for me!  I'm enjoying every minute of it.  I'm getting ready to venture out into some new riding areas though.  The trail is great, but I'm ready for new scenery.

On National Bike to Work Day, Connie and I met on Senator in front of Arkansas High and rode to Texarkana College.  There's no other way to describe that than FUN!  Coming home was a tad bit harrier.  Crossing State Line was downright scary.  We did it though.  And I bet we do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment